Julie Chafin | Piano, Voice & Flute
$100 per month
- Flute Lessons for beginning and intermediate students include: Basic Theory and techniques, fingering and embouchure (the way a player applies the mouth when playing the flute), and learning various styles of music.
- Piano Lessons for beginning through advanced students include: Basic Theory and techniques, chords, and learning various styles of music.
- Voice Lessons for beginning through advanced students include: Breath control, Basic Theory and techniques and learning many styles of songs.
- Lessons are $25/30 minutes or $100/month. If you desire a longer lesson, that can easily be arranged.
Hi, my name is Julie. Have you ever wanted to learn how to play the piano, flute or sing? I would LOVE to be your teacher! I am a performer as well as a teacher, so I can also give you tips on performing. I believe that everyone learns in a different way. So… once we become acquainted I can decide what style of teaching is best for you. I have been playing piano since I was 5 years old, playing flute since I was in 4th grade, and I’ve been singing all my life. Voice was my major at SJSU. I am a Homeschool Vendor for South Sutter Charter and Visions Charter School. I am in the process of adding additional Homeschool companies.
- Owner/Teacher/Performer ~ Musical Jules (Flutist/Pianist/Vocalist)
- Flutist, pianist, and/or vocalist for various events and venues throughout the greater Sacramento region.
- Vocal workshops and private lessons with various world-class musicians, including: Irene Dalis (New York Metropolitan Opera Star), Bobby McFerrin (Don’t Worry Be Happy), Todd Schroeder (Disney Instrumentalist), Gunnar Madsen (The Bobs), Tito Capobianco (General Director of the San Diego Opera), Jeanne Garson (Specialist in the Art Song Style, and Chairperson of SJSU Voice Department), Dr. Charlene Archibeque (Specialist in Choral Conducting, and Chairperson of SJSU Choral Department), Mike West (Professional Jazz Singer and Director of SJSU and Cal Berkeley Jazz choirs), Phil Mattson (Jazz Musician and Arranger)
- B.A. Music (Jazz/Voice), San Jose State University (SJSU), San Jose, CA ~ 1982. I am one of two original graduates in the Jazz/Voice Major at SJSU. I have taught piano, flute, and voice for over 30 years.
- Recorded three promotional demo tapes of myself
- Soloist ~ Northern CA Songwriter’s Association (Open Mic)
- First music teacher at “The Music School”, Santa Rosa
- Two European tours ~ High School (Flute) and SJSU Choraliers with The English Chamber Orchestra (Alto voice)